Garlic tilapia with mashed potatoes and steamed asparagus with grated parmesan on top.
Sometimes we just don't feel like cooking. The nights when we do, we do it up but do it quickly. We are trying to make a conscious decision to eat more fish. I just have to figure out a way to make it not taste like fish :)
- Marinate: 2 fresh squeezed lemons (save lemon after squeezed), 2 garlic cloves minced, rock salt, and pepper. I like to let marinate for a few hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Make little tilapia envelopes with aluminum foil. I buy the pack that each foil is 12x12 inches. Place tilapia in center and pour a little of the marinate (that is left), on top. Fold in each side with leaving a little tent, so the steam can leave.
- Place in oven for 16-20 minutes.
- Mash potatoes were left overs. (golden potatoes, mashed with butter, fresh garlic, milk)
- While that is cooking, cut up asparagus and steam (you want to do this about 6 mins out on the tilapia being done, asparagus gets cold quickly) take the lemon, grate the rhine over the asparagus.
- Pile it up- mashed potatoes, tilapia, asparagus, lemon grated, grated parm